навчальна: навчати аудіюванню та відокремленню потрібної інформаціїї;
виховна: підтримувати в учнів зацікавленість у вивченні англійської мови шляхом самореалізації та задоволення результатами власної діяльності.
Тип уроку: узагальнення знань, умінь та навичок з вивченої теми.
Форма: мультимедійний ( використання ІКТ, презентації, аудіо та відео матеріалів).
І. Організаційний момент. (1 хв.)
Повідомлення теми та мети уроку.
ІІ. Повторення лексичного матеріалу.
Мовленнєва зарядка. (2 хв.)You can see the proverbs. Find the proverbs, connected with our topic. Hard work never did anyone any harm.
No news is good news.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
A bad workman blames his tool.
Фонетична зарядка. Repeat after the recording. (2 хв.)
Гра “Guess the profession”. (5 хв.)
Presentation “10 most unusual professions” (4 хв.)
ІІІ. Основна частина уроку.
1. Обговорення теми “Choosing a career” (3 хв.)
1. Do you know what you want to do after you leave school? 2. Which jobs do you think you will be doing in 10 years? 3. What are the most popular jobs among young people in Ukraine?
2. Discuss who do you think should be paid the most/ the least and why? (1 хв.)
3. Which jobs are 1) more interesting;
2) more important;
3) more harder and why? (2 хв.)
4. What qualities do you need for these jobs? Match the jobs to the definitions.
More than one job may fit.
Handout 1 (2 хв.)
1) A/an…….. has to be self-confident and determined to succeed as well as good-looking. ( pop-singer/ actor/ model)
2) A/an…….. has to be accurate, attentive and responsible. ( accountant/ customs officer/ chemist/ pharmacist)
3) A/an…….. needs to be imaginative and enjoy entertaining people. (actor/ film director)
4) A/an…….. needs to be energetic, flexible and good at communicating. (journalist) 5) A/an…….. must be courageous, physically strong and special trained. (bodyguard/ lifeguard) 6) A/an…….. must be organized , reliable and careful. ( scientist / doctor)
7) A/an…….. has to be ambitious and a good leader. ( businessman )
8) A/an…….. has to be sympathetic, caring and patient. ( doctor )
5. Now look at the spidergram. Complete it and make a short monologue on the topic. (3 хв.)
Interviewer: Good morning, please take a seat. It’s Sarah Hodgkins, isn’t it?
Sarah: Yes, that’s right.
Interviewer: Is that H-O-D-G-K-I-N-S?
Sarah: Yes, it is.
Interviewer: … and how old are you, Miss Hodgkins?
Sarah: I’m 21, but I’ll be 22 in two weeks’ time.
Interviewer: Nearly 22. Ok, that’s fine. Now, you’re applying for the flight attendant training course, is that right?
Sarah: The training course. Yes, that’s right.
Interviewer: OK. And what relevant experience do you have?
Sarah: Well, I haven’t worked in the tourist industry before, but I’ve got a lot of experience of working with people. I’ve been working as a hotel receptionist for the last two years.
Interviewer: Oh right! Well, I’m sure the skills you’ve acquired as a receptionist would be very useful for this job. So what other qualities do you have that would make you a good flight attendant?
Sarah: Well, I think I have very good common sense and communication skills. People say that I’m reliable too and I’m also a really good organiser. Yes, I’m really organised.
Interviewer: Well, it’s definitely important for a flight attendant to be organised. There can be a lot to do in a very short time on a flight! Now, if you are selected, you will have to complete a two-month training course. When would you be available to start?
Sarah: Well, I have to give my current employer one month’s notice, so I would be available from about 1st April.
Interviewer: 1st April would be fine. Well, thank you for coming, Miss Hodgkins. You’ll receive a letter in about a week to let you know if you have been successful.
Sarah: Thank you very much. Goodbye.
IV. Заключна частина уроку. (7 хв.)
Now when you’ve finished filling the table tell me please what kind of person can work as a flight attendant?
Well done! I want you to remember one very good saying: if you love your work you’ll never work a day in your life. It is very important to make a right choice! Be very careful and mind your wishes and abilities. And then your job will bring you satisfaction and joy.
At home I want you to make up a dialogue between interviewer and a job applicant.