Практична: вчити розвивати специфічну інформацію сприйняту на слух тексту,вчити ознайомлювальному читанню тексту,вчити складати діалоги з опорою на вербальну наочність, вчити робити монологічне мовлення без опор, вчити вживати непрямі твердження на письмі.
Освітня: розширити світогляд учнів знаннями про пресу в англомовних країнах, удосконалювати якість мовних навичок та мовленнєвих умінь.
Розвиваюча:розвивати слух, довготривалу, короткотривалу пам'ять, слуховий контроль здатний самостійно планувати мовнийвчинок,розвивати усні комунікативні вміння, сприяти розвитку самостійного мислення.
Виховна: чіткість у виконанні завдань,старанність та наполегливість у навчанні. Виховувати інтерес до читання.
Тип уроку: комбінований
Обладнання: Роздавальний матеріал: картки для індивідуальної, самостійної, парної роботи, презентація PowerPoint, англійські газети і журнали, мікрофон.
I.Організаційний момент. 1.Привітання.(Greeting)
T: Good morningboys and girls. I’m very glad to see you. We are also pleased to see our guests today and we’ll try to make our lesson useful and interesting.
To begin with, getting information is a daily necessity for all people and there are many ways how to do it. Let’s find out what are the best ways to learn about the world. Look at the pictures. What associations does the word “Mass Media” arouse in your mind. The pictures on the blackboard will help you. (slide3 )
Pupils make up “Mind Map” on the blackboard.
The topic of our lesson is «The British Newspapers». Please open your copybooks and write down todays date and the topic of our lesson. (slide4 )
2. Введення в іншомовну атмосферу.(Warmingup)
T:Do you like to read newspapers?
How often do you read it?
What is your favorite Ukrainian newspaper ?
T: What information can people get from different sources of mass media?(Newspapers, magazines)
Newspapers contain information about…
Magazines contain different articles and stories such as business….
P3: monthly newspapers are printed once a month. (slide5 )
II. Основна частина(Mainpart )
1. Представлення проектів (Presenting projects)
T: Well, your home task was to prepare advertising of your favorite magazine ad now you can present your projects. Who wanna be the first?
2. Говоріння (Speaking) teacher ознайомлення з новим матеріалом
T: Now a couple of words about papers in Britain. .. (slide6 )
3. Робота в групах( Work in groups )
T: Now I give you British newspapers ( Sunday Express, Daily Mirror…) Your task is to find out and write down articles, several headlines and you should answer the questions. The speaker of each group will present your answers.
Begin with the words:
1.”The title of the newspaper is…”
2. “This is tabloid ns”
3. “There are articles about …”
4. “The main headlines of this ns”
5. “This ns is interesting for large part of people”
4. Діалогічне мовлення ( Make up dialogue )
T: Now we are going to listen two dialogues prepared by our pupils. (slide 8 )
- Hello, …….! What are you doing now?
-I’m very busy now I have to prepare a short retelling about us press
- If you are not against it, we can help you with some information.
- Really? I’ll be very grateful to you. Listen, I want to write something about American press.
- No problems, as far as I know in the USA daily newspapers are published in 34 different languages. The daily newspapers are of two kinds: daily and popular.
-I want to add that in the USA there are more than 1.500 daily papers.
-I’m sure that it speaks for the fact that the Americans like to read newspapers.
- No doubt. The US papers contain much national and international news, articles about business and finance,sport events, TV programmers’ and cultural events.
- Thank you very much. I have understood that the American papers have many sections.
- Right you are, these sections deals with the different subjects and of course it makes a newspaper interesting to different people.
- Hi, …… ! What are you reading, I wonder?
- Well, I’m reading the newspaper “the Facts”
- It’s rather interesting. My parents subscribe to it every year.
- What is interesting about it? Can you tell us?
- I can tell you, because I read it very often too. It this paper we can find articles about politics, economic, private life, sport and many others.
- Thank you, I have understood that this paper satisfies all the interests of the readers.
- Oh, as for me, I also read some papers, but first I read the information about the weather. It’s interesting and important for me.
- Really, I quite agree with you, especially this winter. We have very serious problems with the weather.
- And what about you? What press do you like to read?
- I want to add that among the popular papers is also“The Independent”. It is a serious paper with a lot of articles about national and international events.
4. What is biggest selling paper in Britain?
- “The Sun” is very popular, small in size, containing a lot of articles about private life. It is the biggest selling paper in Britain.
5. As far as I can gather the British people are great readers of newspapers. What can you tell us concerning this statement?
- Thank you for your question, really the British people like to read press very much. There are few homes to which one newspaper is not delivered every morning. Many house-holds have two or even three newspapers every day.
6. How do you think, are newspapers important in our life?
- It’s true that we can’t imagine our modern life without newspapers and magazines. It’s well known that newspapers are the oldest of the mass media. They started in the 17th century. Popular papers have millions of readers. They speak about sport, fashion, private life, business, ecology, art and culture.
So, we may say that modern life is impossible without newspapers and other kinds of press.
III. Заключна частина( Summing up)
T:Your homework is to complete this table:
Kinds of newspapers
The most popular newspapers
What kind of information do the newspapers contain?
T: The lesson is over. Thank you for your work! You were active and hardworking.